As a Reformed congregation, we believe that every person is created in God’s image to live in communion with God, with neighbor, and with the whole creation. We welcome all persons regardless of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, history, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, social-economic standing, mental or physical abilities. The diversity of our community enriches our lives, broadens our understanding, multiplies our gifts, increases our passion for justice and peace, enlarges our love, and strengthens our service.
Often referred to as “The Cathedral of Kingston,” the Old Dutch Church was a part of the Dutch Colonial village of Wiltwyck which was a trading outpost in the colony of New Netherland. The original church structure, built on the present site in 1660, actually was one corner of the Stockade which Peter Stuyvesant ordered built as fortification. Wiltwyck later became the village of Kingston after the British took over the colony and renamed it New York. The original structure was largely destroyed by fire in the Esopus Indian raid of 1663. Rebuilt and enlarged several times, the church was again burned during the American Revolution by British forces in October of 1777.